Are you a homeschool veteran who needs to sell last year's curriculum so you can fund this year's? Brand new to homeschooling and looking for a way to start filling your shelves without breaking the bank? The BCHE Used Book, Curriculum, and Resource sale is for you!
June 5, 2021
Location: BCHE Building
6097 Buffalo Gap Rd (behind Wylie Baptist Church)
Just want to shop?
Join us from 11:00am to 2:00pm, to get some great deals! Doors will not open to shoppers until 11:00am. Book/curriculum sale will take CASH, DEBIT, and CREDIT (no checks). No need to register if you are just coming to shop.
- In order to make sure we stay within capacity, please plan to shop sans children. There is no place for children to hang out or play during the sale.
- There will be separate entrance and exit.
HOW TO SELL YOUR ITEMS:
1. REGISTER to sell your items by filling out the registration form. (The sale is organized in a consignment format. A seller number and labels will be emailed to you.) Registration is free. Details will be included in your registration confirmation email.
2. PRINT prepared item labels you receive in your registration confirmation email. Complete the labels with seller number and description, select Y or N to let us know if you plan to donate or pick up if item does not sell, then print. (You may also print the labels and fill in the information by hand. Please make item descriptions clear and designate a category from the list for each.)
3. PREPARE your items to sell: All items must have a label, including free/donated items. If it's not labeled, it will not be accepted for the sale. All items must be labeled before you drop them off.
‣ Items must be priced in WHOLE dollar amounts. ($1, $2, $3…)
‣ Sets must be bound together (with rubber bands, zip ties, etc. or in appropriately sized zipper bags) and securely labeled.
‣ Labels should be attached on the FRONT (not the back, not the inside) of the item, in a way that best allows for item visibility. Painter’s tape is suggested to protect the integrity of the item and make it easy to remove by cashier. If your item is not clearly labeled, it will be set aside by volunteers and not included in the sale.
‣ Small items, such as math manipulative pieces, need to be contained and clearly labeled.
‣ Item Categories:
- Language Arts
- Foreign Language
- General Reading/Parent Help
- Foreign Language
- Complete Curriculum Sets
- General Books/Readers
‣ There is no minimum or maximum number of items.
4. DROP OFF items on Friday, June 4, from 1:00pm to 5:00pm, at the designated location (look for the sign). Drop your items at the door--volunteers will categorize and prep for the sale. This is the only drop-off time available and there is no entry to anyone except registered volunteers at this time. Make sure all items are labeled before you drop off.
5. Come to shop between 11:00am and 2:00pm on Saturday, June 5, or just go about your day while others buy your stuff--your choice!
6. PICK UP unsold items from 3:00pm to 5:00pm on Saturday, June 5. Any items remaining after 5:00pm will be considered donated. Items will not be available for pickup before 3:00pm. We will not release your unsold items to anyone else, unless you give written permission at drop-off (there will be a form).
7. Consignors/Sellers will receive proceeds via Paypal transfer to the email address used for registration, so be sure to use the email address you prefer to use for this purpose. This is the only way that seller payments will be made. A consignment fee will be deducted from total earnings: BCHE Members (2020/2021 and/or 2021/2022) will pay 5% consignment fee. Non-Members/Public will pay a 10% consignment fee. Consignment fees help cover the cost of event and fees. Members: If you have outstanding invoices or have not completed the family volunteer requirement for the year, you may be charged the non-member consignment fee in order to help clear your account.
8. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
TIP: Please remember that most shoppers are looking for a deal, and will not purchase your items if you price them at current retail price. Consider asking a little less, so you sell more stuff!
BCHE Used Book & Curriculum Sale is intended to provide a place for families and individuals to sell their personal books, games, manipulatives, and other educational materials. The sale of any vulgar, offensive, or inappropriate materials is prohibited. BCHE reserves the right to deny or remove any material it deems inappropriate. Only those who are registered with BCHE may sell/distribute items or materials at this event.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS JUNE 3!
Have questions? Email email@example.com.