Are your kiddos ready for new books? Want to sell last year's curriculum to help fund this year's purchases? The new school year is coming fast! Make room on your shelves for new curriculum by joining the BCHE Used Book & Curriculum Sale!
We're adding a new section this year: homemade products! While the books and curriculum will still be sold in a consignment format (see below), those wishing to sell HOMEMADE ITEMS (baked goods, crafts, jewelry, etc) may purchase table space just for that purpose!
Elmwood West UMC
1:00pm - 4:00pm
Just want to shop?
Join us at Elmwood West UMC on South Pioneer, from 1:00pm to 4:00pm, to get some great deals! Book/curriculum sale will take cash, debit, and credit. Bring cash for purchases made in the HOMEMADE GOODS section.
How to SELL your BOOKS/CURRICULA:
1. REGISTER to sell your items by filling out the registration form. (The sale is organized in a consignment format. A seller number and labels will be emailed to you.) Registration is free. Details will be included in your registration confirmation email.
2. PRINT prepared item labels you receive by email. Complete the labels with seller number and description, then print. (You may also print the labels and fill in the information by hand. Please make item descriptions clear and designate a category for each.)
3. PREPARE your items to sell: All items must have a label.
‣ Items must be priced in WHOLE dollar amounts. ($1, $2, $3…)
‣ Sets must be bound together (with rubber bands, zip ties, etc. or in appropriately sized zipper bags)
‣ Labels should be attached on the FRONT (not the back, not the inside) of the item, in a way that best allows for item visibility. Painter’s tape is suggested to protect the integrity of the item and make it easy to remove by cashier.
‣ Small items, such as math manipulative pieces, need to be contained.
‣ Item Categories:
- Language Arts
- Foreign Language
- Complete Curriculum Sets
‣ There is no minimum or maximum number of items.
4. DROP OFF items on THURSDAY, MAY 31, from 11:00am - 12:00pm, at the designated Elmwood West UMC entrance (look for the sign).
5. Come back to shop between 1:00pm and 4:00pm, or just go about your day.
6. PICK UP unsold items from 4:30pm - 5:00pm same day. Any items remaining after 5:00pm will be considered donated.
7. Sellers will receive proceeds via Paypal transfer to the email address used for registration. A consignment fee will be deducted from total earnings: BCHE Members will pay 10% consignment fee. Non-Members will pay a 15% consignment fee. Consignment fees help cover the cost of event and fees.
8. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
BCHE Used Book & Curriculum Sale is intended to provide a place for families and individuals to sell their personal books, games, manipulatives and other educational materials. The sale of any vulgar, offensive, or inappropriate materials is prohibited. BCHE reserves the right to deny or remove any material it deems inappropriate.
How to SELL your HOMEMADE GOODS:
Items in the Homemade Goods section must be just that: HOMEMADE. This can include baked goods, candles, jewelry, hand lettered items, soap, knit/crochet, decor, soaps, etc. Items must be made in your home, by you/your family. Books/curricula are not allowed to be sold in the Homemade Goods section. Items made by all ages are welcome.
Unlike with the books/curricula, the Homemade Goods section will be presented in a VENDOR format. Sellers must register online for table space ($5 for BCHE members, $10 for public), and remain on-site, at their vendor table, for the duration of the sale. Vendors in the Homemade Goods section are responsible for their set-up/take-down, and for handling their own financial transactions.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS MAY 29th!
Have questions? Email email@example.com.