Are you running out of space for new books? Does your family think you need psychological help for hoarding curriculum, manipulatives, or science supplies? Are you tired of looking at the purchases you never used? The new school year is coming fast! Make room on your shelves for new curriculum by joining the BCHE Used Book & Curriculum Sale!
The Book Sale is part of our annual Conference & Vendor Fair, which will be held on July 15th, at the Abilene Convention Center. Don't want to sell, just want to shop? See Conference Registration.
How to SELL your stuff:
1. Register to sell your items by filling out the registration form. (The sale is organized in a consignment format. A seller number and labels will be emailed to you.) Registration is free.
2. Download prepared item labels. Complete the labels with seller number and description, then print. (You may also print the labels and fill in the information by hand. Please make item descriptions clear and designate a category for each.)
3. Prepare your items to sell: All items must have a label.
‣ Items must be priced in WHOLE dollar amounts. ($1, $2, $3…)
‣ Sets must be bound together (with rubber bands, zip ties, etc. or in appropriately sized zipper bags)
‣ Labels should be attached on the FRONT (not the back, not the inside) of the item, in a way that best allows for item visibility. Painter’s tape is suggested to protect the integrity of the item and make it easy to remove by cashier.
‣ Small items, such as math manipulative pieces, need to be contained.
‣ Item Categories:
- Language Arts
- Foreign Language
- Complete Curriculum Sets
‣ There is no minimum or maximum number of items.
4. Drop off items on Friday, July 14th, from 2:00pm - 5:00pm, at the designated Civic Center entrance. Sellers are asked to help place their items in the correct section at this time.
5. Attend the conference and shop the Used Book Sale (2:00pm-5:00pm) with other attendees on July 15th.
6. Unsold items must be picked up from sale location from 5:30pm-6:30pm on Saturday, July 15th. Any items remaining after 6:30pm will be considered donated.
7. Seller checks will be mailed. A consignment fee will be deducted from total earnings: BCHE Members will pay 10% consignment fee. Non-Members will pay a 15% consignment fee. Consignment fees help cover the cost of facility and postage.
8. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
BCHE Used Book & Curriculum Sale is intended to provide a place for families and individuals to sell their personal books, games, manipulatives and other educational materials. Retailers and Resellers should register to participate as vendors in the Vendor Fair. The sale of any vulgar, offensive, or inappropriate materials is prohibited.